These ideas emerged within the Smarter Communities topic area at The People’s Roadmap Workshop – Manhattan Edition (December 7, 2017). Use this thread to continue that discussion!
Community thoughts about Current State
- 1099 vs W2 employment in the sharing economy
- Heavy reliance on promotion of financial viability, (sometimes) doesn’t show social benefits as much.
- Little knowledge sharing / alliance between similar and different communities
Community thoughts about Desired Future State
- Implement smart tech (sensors, etc.) to better manage our public parks and municipal services
- Climate change is coming! Create better tools for public to shape adoption and mitigation practices and resources
- Get better data on bikes and pedestrians so more space is given to non-motorized mobility
- Enable start-ups in the sharing economy to empower people to create an additional source of income
- Create community/meetup for linking civic entrepreneurs together and organizing workshops to guide them through the process
- Create mobile app that allows passerbys to push a button to notify rescuers within a walking distance of the emergency