Smart Cities emerged as an Accessible Infrastructure topic area at The People’s Roadmap Workshop – Brooklyn Edition (October 19, 2017). Use this thread to continue that discussion!
Community thoughts about Current State
- Countdown clocks on C but not at bus stops
- I want to know what sensors are going in where
- MTA Digital Signage
- Disparities in using said resources for community and/or self improvement/development
- Wifi in subway stations
- How can we have greater ethics within internet of things?
- Wifi is nearly ubiquitous in busy/high traffic streets
Community thoughts about Desired Future State
- Red team/blue team exercises for smart city technologies (How could the force be used for the dark side?)
- Education: The internet is complicated! Introduce early.
- Well publicized rollouts
- Wifi on buses
- Easy to read/understand info on how wifi data us used
- Wifi on trains (as well as platforms)
- LoRaWan (Long range, low bandwidth IoT network)