The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) is hiring a Senior Analyst.
The Division of Strategic Operations and Analytics (SOA), within the Office of Policy and Strategy (OPS), works to increase HPD’s impact by analyzing and improving operations agency-wide. As part of that work, SOA’s Performance Management and Public Information (PMPI) team works with HPD programs to promote data-driven program management and administers specific agency reporting directives.
SOA seeks an experienced professional with strong leadership and analytic skills to manage analytic projects for affordable housing development programs, as part of PMPI’s Performance Management and Analytics (PMA) team. Reporting to the Executive Director of Performance Management and Public Information, the Senior Analyst will work in coordination with SOA team members and
housing development programs to:
• Perform complex data analysis and handle special projects associated with the Housing Production portfolio, including
- Initiating, scoping, and executing in-depth analyses of housing development program costs, agency investment, and populations served
- Working with different programs across the agency to model policy and legislative impacts on housing production
• Responds to ad hoc data requests from programs, senior management, and external stakeholders.
• Integrate internal and external data to inform program design, assess program effectiveness/policies, and improve current business processes
• Use Business Intelligence (BI) and other tools to analyze data and design dashboards for housing development programs
• Participate in technology development to ensure that systems appropriately capture data for analytic needs
The ideal candidate will be an inquisitive self-starter and problem-solver with the ability to:
• Understand business and data processes to identify gaps or underlying issues, opportunities for efficiencies, and overlap with other business areas and information throughout the agency
• Break down complex issues/processes into smaller, more manageable pieces
• Use data and make operational/analytic recommendations
• Effectively communicate verbally and through memos, presentations, and other materials
• Lead and move projects forward, including willing to make decisions or elevate issues for decision-making and advocate for best interests of the project and the agency
• Has experience with advanced Excel at a minimum; some experience with data analysis tools such as Python and Pandas, GIS, SAS, R, SQL, Microsoft Access, or business intelligence tools is preferred
In addition to the experience outlined above, an advanced degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred (e.g. Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Management/Organizational Science, Urban/Regional Planning, Data Science).
How to Apply:
Please go online and apply at www.nyc.gov/careers . Search for JOB ID# 383345
Salary range for this position is: $65,000-75,000