Resources emerged as a Smarter Communities topic area at The People’s Roadmap Workshop – Manhattan Edition (December 7, 2017). Use this thread to continue that discussion!
Community thoughts about Current State
- Link NYC Stands: are they used? Are they effective? Are they safe?
- The city is now increasing VMT (vehicle miles traveled)
- Public libraries have free computers and free wifi
- Citizen watch: crowdsourced reporting
- Resources are not offered in a way a community can best make do with
- LinkNYC not available to all residents or in all neighborhoods
- Lack of data collection/sharing with and between different city agencies
- No help with making use of certain public resources (or ignorance of such…)
- Only theoretical physical access is considered to resources
Community thoughts about Desired Future State
- The city should increase use of online meeting tools rather than increase VMT