The New York State Senate is recruiting an experienced Drupal Developer to extend, customize, and maintain its public-facing website, NYSenate.gov.
NYSenate.gov is a prominent, highly-trafficked (2m+ visitors annually) civic engagement platform that has been lauded in the mainstream media and government technology circles. It provides customizable web pages for the Senate, 63 member offices, and 40+ legislative committees. It also houses a large repository of legislative documents (125k+). Additionally, it provides a first-of-its-kind mechanism for New Yorkers to share sentiment about pending legislation directly with their elected representatives. Here’s some selected media coverage of our platform:
- Design and implement solutions to platform issues (bugs, enhancements, feature requests)
- Identify and analyze technical debt within our current implementation
- Identify worthwhile projects to improve platform performance and maintainability
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Drupal developers on staff
- 4+ years of full stack web development experience (preferably on a LAMP stack), 2+ years of experience with D7
- Expert understanding of the landscape of contrib modules for extending Drupal core functionality and demonstrable experience leveraging the D7 API for custom module and theme development
- Experience managing settings and configurations within the Features module
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Additional Useful Skills and Experience:
- Version control with Git/Github
- SASS, Zurb foundation theme
- Familiarity with modern UI/UX patterns and best practices
- Pantheon web hosting platform and packaged technologies (Solr, Redis, Varnish)
- Experience managing CDN configurations (especially Verizon Edgecast)
- Strict adherence to Drupal coding standards and conventions; visible involvement in the Drupal community
- Experience working on civic engagement/govtech platforms
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Equal employment opportunities (EEO) are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified candidates should forward a resume and project portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our search is currently focusing on the Albany area, but we are interested in learning about qualified candidates in NYC as well. https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/134205680
Go work with @rtblair!