Navigation of Resource emerged as an Education and Lifelong Learning topic area at The People’s Roadmap Workshop – Brooklyn Edition (October 19, 2017). Use this thread to continue that discussion!
Community thoughts about Current State
- Which language should I learn? How I make the best choice?
- Lack of “digital street smarts” education (generation independent)
- What is Open Data? Where can I find it?
- Internet is approach as pure tech without the rich and deep context.
- People use technology they don’t understand for personal transactions. (not secure)
- People trust algorithms to be scientific and not biased.
- Too many agencies/resources… don’t know where to start.
- Proliferation of too many new technologies.
- Tools hindering understanding of concepts.
Community thoughts about Desired Future State
- Public awareness campaigns for basic cyber security (green SSL lock)
- Anonymous Q & A
- Civic/Public Facilitation Classes
- Civic education or all
- Personalized resources based on my goals/use of tech.