Set Your Career in Motion!
Join the Largest Public Transportation Authority in North America As A
Manager, Customer Communications
New York City Transit’s Strategy and Customer Experience team is growing! We’re building a team of strategists, designers, and technologists to re-imagine the customer experience for the millions of people that we move each day. We work collaboratively as a team across the organization. We are looking for systems thinkers who will work with us to unify the customer experience across many dimensions of complexity.
The Customer Communications Manager will work out of the Rail Control Center – the 24/7
operations hub of the New York City subway system. The Manager is responsible for
maintaining the voice of New York City Transit and ensure that communications are
timely, accurate, useful, and consistent.
In this role, you’ll work closely with a variety of stakeholders, from executive
management to front-line staff to subject matter experts with vast amounts of technical
knowledge. Field visits are a bonus part of the job and no two days are alike. In addition, you will learn the ins and outs of the largest transportation system in North America. The successful candidate will be inquisitive and motivated to gather disparate information and distill it into useful and approachable content that is helpful to customers.
If you get excited by the nitty gritty or if you are someone who loves to ask “Why?”, this role may be for you.
• Monitor incidents and work with operations staff to gather information in real-time
• Direct teams to write and publish broadcast communications across New York City Transit channels, including announcements on buses, trains, and platforms, digital signage at stations and stops, mta.info, My MTA Alerts, and social media, where you’ll also guide 1:1 customer engagement
• Train staff in customer communication, voice and tone, etc.
• Assess effectiveness of communications efforts, recommend and implement improvements
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in communications, business administration, public administration, transportation studies, or a related field and eight (8) years of professional experience, including four (4) years of experience managing people - OR - a combination of education and experience equivalent to the above.
• Considerable experience writing for digital channels
• Knowledge of service operations, customer services and/or communications
• Ability to juggle and respond to competing priorities
• Ability to quickly analyze information and make thoughtful recommendations
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience in user-centered principles; e.g. people-centered, experience or service design
To Apply, Visit our website:
http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/ - Select “NYC Transit”, Select “NYC Transit Employment”, Select “Search Jobs”. Search by Job Title: Manager, Customer Communications or by Job Vacancy Number: 92913, or use the following direct link: https://tinyurl.com/ya3wvkx3
MTA and its affiliated/constituent agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including military service members, to apply.