Shiftspark is a social good startup with a plan to revolutionize and democratize campaign finance in the U.S. Of course, a lot of people say they’re doing revolutionary things, but check out this project. We’re pretty sure you’ll agree we’re up to something big.
We recently presented ShiftSpark at Innovate Your State’s Civic Tech Showcase and were applauded as one of the most innovative ideas there. But the social-good VCs were clear: the idea is strong, but we need an in-house developer to be considered investment ready.
We’re looking for an in-house developer whose skills can take Shiftspark to the next level and whose involvement will make us investment ready.
We currently have an Alpha built with Drupal 7.
- Maintaining the current Drupal site
- Front-end theming
- Overseeing mobile app development
- Altering backend and custom modules to expand site functionality
- Advocate for best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality
- Moderate server management
- CSS and HTML skills
- Strong knowledge and expertise with Drupal and Drupal modules
- Knowledge of mobile app development
- High level of attention to detail
- At least 2-4 years of experience
- Ability to communicate well and possess good organizational skills
- Knowledge of PHP and MVC strongly preferred
- Experience with payment processing and e-commerce preferred
We’re a startup, and we’re not yet funded. However, once we have an in-house developer, we plan to be there in the next six months.
There is the potential for a small salary until that happens, but compensation will mainly be equity and the sheer satisfaction of messing with politicians, lobbyists, and the political process.
Benjamin Yee, firstname.lastname@example.org