This just in!!!
To kick off CodeAcross NYC, we are hosting a cocktail reception and town hall interview with New York City’s Chief Analytics Officer, Dr. Amen Ra Mashariki. We are honored to host Dr. Mashariki, a Brooklyn native, graduate of Brooklyn Tech High School, and the former chief technology officer at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management. Together, we will discuss the future of data within New York City.
As the City’s Chief Analytics Officer, Dr. Mashariki oversees the Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics (MODA), the City’s open data program, and a squad of top-notch data scientists. Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics (MODA) works across agencies to better use data and develop innovative solutions that make the city work for all.
Ask him a question!
We are gathering questions for Dr. Mashariki. Please reply to this topic and add your question to the others we have sourced.
- Do you have a moment that defined your desire to be a technologist?
- How has science fiction influenced your vision of technological possibilities?
- On the road to manager, what advice would you pass along to others?
The Role of the Chief Analytics Officer
- What does the CAO do? Why is it needed?
- How does your role work with the City’s CIO, aka the DOITT Commissioner, and the CTO?
- Which “technology” roadmaps have impressed you and what are you looking to pioneer here in NYC?
- In three years, what would you like to have accomplished?
- What is your plan to build a strategic technology plan?
Technology Infrastructure questions
- What role does design thinking play in helping to analyze and improve the systems within the NYC government?
- Do you think NYC government has an obligation to minimize its software procurement cost?
- If so, what is the role of open source?
Open Data Questions
- What is favorite NYC data set?
- What is the role of government data within community based organizations?
- What kind of cross-agency resources should be developed to help share data, technology and people across the city’s services?
- What do you perceive to be the biggest obstacles to releasing data?
- Creating meaningful open data is a difficult task. Within each Agency, what is the City doing to improve the City’s open data practice?
Don't forget to ask your question by replying to this message.
RSVP to the kickoff town hall or our weekend festival