BetaNYC Temporary Project Manager (Summer 2017)
As team member, help BetaNYC identify educational and civic innovation opportunities in New York City. Primarily, you will be researching agencies/organizations, individuals, venues, and civic tech or open data projects. You will be responsible for coordinating outreach, meetings, and a shared team calendar. At the end of an intensive three months, help you will help the BetaNYC team solicit a new project plan.
- Provide project management and risk management by coordinating internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of project.
- Assist in the coordination of project related meetings.
- Support the team and the project partners as needed.
- Craft messages, documents, and surveys for external review.
- Participate in the research of agencies/organizations, individuals, venues, and civic tech / open data projects.
- Advise and outline all the items for a successful planning, interviewing, and budgeting of selected individuals or organizations.
- Assist in the outlining of two activity reports.
- Advise and outline all the items for a successful weekend civic innovation (i.e. hackathon / data jam) event plan, budget, and scope.
- Advise in the development of a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Development of potential partners.
- Produce event templates to review: Pre-event timeline, event objectives, detailed challenges, budget template, run of show / event tick-tock, equipment list and materials, event agenda, event map, volunteer schedule, call list, event sponsor template, participant survey, event budget.
- When necessary, hold follow up meetings or phone calls to ensure events are fully conceived.
- Provide event venue requirements and scout out locations.
- Event planning and coordination
- Work with the team to outline event execution strategy, secure workshop venues, procure equipment and event catering.
- Provide advice in promotion, media, and event strategy.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep the team motivated, resolve conflicts and outline the consequences of hard decisions.
- Time Management: You will be working with a wide variety of contacts from government employees to BetaNYC community members. Often you will be spinning multiple plates at once.
- Math and Budgeting: this role will be expected to maintain a project and events budget.
- Analytical Skills: You will need analytical skills to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project outcomes.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a short four to six month project and one would be hired as a temporary, hourly employee. While some days can be virtual, we are expecting you to co-locate with the team in Lower Manhattan. Currently, we have budget for $15/h for 120 hours per month for a total of $1,800 a month. For exceptional candidates, we are open for this position to be part-time. Should we secure additional funding, we are open to increasing hourly compensation.
We are interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. After an initial screening, you will be required to submit three references pertinent to previous employment.
BetaNYC is dedicated to a healthy and diverse working environment. All are welcome to apply. For financial compensation, you must eligible to work in the United States.
Please apply via the web < https://betanyc.forms.fm/betanyc-temporary-project-manager-summer-2017 >.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org