16 Feb - NYC Council Speaker's State of the City

(Noel Hidalgo) #1

I ran into the City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, and she wanted to extend a personal invite to the City’s civic tech community. If you can attend, I highly recommend attending.

Dear Friends & Colleagues -

Please join me for my third and final State of the City Address on Thursday, February 16th, at Kings Theatre in Brooklyn.

The theme of my speech this year, which is scheduled to begin at noon inside the newly renovated theatre, will be defending our New York values and ideals.

A formal invitation is attached and inserted below.

To RSVP, please call (212) 482-6731/(212) 482-6749 or email stateofthecity2017@council.nyc.gov.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Gracias,
Melissa Mark-Viverito
Speaker
NYC Council

(Tricia Davies) #2

As someone who advocates for greater civic engagement, it would be great if City Council embraced technologies such as live web streaming so that anyone could watch important leadership speeches and council hearings on their computers or smart phones.

Consider that most of us work during the day and traveling to venues is challenging. Also many of us do not subscribe to paid cable television.

Is there a way we can watch/listen to State of City address that is barrier-free?

(Noel Hidalgo) #3

The council does stream events. I’m not sure if this event will be live streamed.